…nope, it feels more like hell.
It seems to me that getting rid of my stuff is taking nearly as much time as I have spent accumulating it (~10 years). There is no end to it and I am overwhelmed by how much stuff I still own and how am I ever going to get rid of all this?
I have spent the entire day organizing to take my stuff from here to there to finally sell it on ebay and from there to here to bring it to the places I donated it and then calling friends over to my place to take some of the stuff they wanted to have. I have now accumulated what is left in two rooms in a few boxes which I have yet to sort out. Ebay will have to become my best friend!
- make a complete inventory of all of my stuff
- take pictures of the stuff I want to sell on ebay
- write descriptions of the stuff I want to sell on ebay
- figure out where the closest post-office is (this is tricky, because I don’t have a car and there doesn’t seem to be one where I can walk to…)
- try to get free cardboard-boxes, because the official post-office boxes for shipping are expensive!
- get a book “selling on ebay for dummies” or something like that, because I have never sold anything on ebay in my whole life. This is a first-time experience and I am always a little bit worried when it comes to technology I don’t know yet