So, now that I am officially unemployed for about 3 weeks now, what do I do all day?
- I do sightseeing (golden pavilion in Kyoto, deer in Nara, street art and street fashion in Wellington)
- I travel (I have been to Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Auckland, Wellington)
- I take pictures (with my new camera)
- I blog (more about travel than minimalism at the moment)
- I get stuck in buildings during cyclones
- I eat awesome ice-cream and cake
- I go into museums
- I translate stuff for friends (if you need a translation from Japanese to English or vice-versa, just send me an email or comment on my blog.)
- I read books (in English or Japanese)
- I cook awesome travel food and go grocery shopping to figure out which groceries are the healthiest and cheapest here.
- I get my CV ready to apply to jobs and read related material
- I eat chips which have interesting flavours – sometimes yum (lime and black pepper), sometimes yuck (chicken BBQ and mint)
- I sit in trains and look out of the window
- I listen to music
- I take walks at the beach
- I look for fun stuff to do in New Zealand (if you have any recommendations, please leave a comment)
- I plan my future (what I want to do when I start settling down again)
By the way, when I am working, this is the view I have from one of the working spaces I have discovered. Pretty nice, don’t you think? There are clean restrooms, free drinking water, free WiFi, it has air conditioning and it is silent enough that you can work there.